BROWN'S MART EDUCATION PROGRAM
Brown's Mart is committed to supporting educators in encouraging their students to develop an appreciation of the Performing Arts. Live performance has the ability to enhance a student's learning by bringing stories to life and providing deeper insights into the work.
Our mission, through the Brown's Mart ED program is to be accessible to all school community groups with selected theatre productions that support and complement the Northern Territory school education curriculum. The syllabus text selection process for the Brown's Mart ED program is done in consultation with secondary school English and Drama teachers.
What we offer:
- Discounted tickets for school group bookings, valid for all performances, (excluding Saturday nights)
- $15 tickets for groups of 10 or more students
- One complimentary teacher’s ticket for every group of 10
- A complimentary double pass to the preview performance so that each teacher has the opportunity to experience the production before bringing the students
- Teachers will have the opportunity to attend a workshop with the director to hear their interpretation of the text
- The opportunity to participate in a school specific post show forum and Q&A (dependent on cast and crew availability)
In addition, by special arrangement, we will be offering the following opportunities:
- Stage Management experience for students
- Theatre Lighting workshop for students
- Teacher Workshop with the director to discuss her interpretation of the text.
Brown's Mart provides educational resources such as teacher notes and briefings, highlighting specific curriculum links and professional learning opportunities relevant to the needs of teachers.
Education Program Partner
Proudly sponsored by Randazzo Properties
BM ACCESS PROGRAM
Brown’s Mart’s Access Program exists to give teachers and students greater access to the Brown’s Mart SHIMMER theatre season.
The program provides an opportunity for students and their teachers to attend productions through discounted ticket prices for selected evening performances and specially scheduled matinee performances.
To apply for BM Access Program tickets, schools are invited to send a request through to our team in writing - email@example.com. Please note that there is a limited number of Access Tickets available to each performance and each application will be carefully considered.
Brown's Mart Arts Ltd
(T/as Brown’s Mart Theatre)
ABN: 67 141 763 895
12 Smith Street Darwin City
GPO Box 3451, Darwin NT 0801